sticky menu

Search


Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery

Restaurant Name: Wild Honey

Pricing: $$$$/5
Food: ♥/5
Ambience: ♥♥/5
Service: /5
Location: Mandarin Gallery, 333A Orchard Road, #03-02
Tel: 6235 3900 (No Reservations Allowed)
Operating Hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 09:00 to 21:00; Friday, Saturday and Eve of Public Holidays, 09:00 to 22:00


I was clearing my leave during this Christmas season and hence am free to have my "ME" Time whilst Sweetie Muffin is busily slogging his guts out ~ Sorry Muffin, I have been wanting to satisfy my cravings since a while back and now that I have the time, I'll just have to try this myself :)

I am a breakfast lover. Why? I LOVE to eat Sunny Side Ups the MOST as a perfectly cooked Sunny Side Up has the runny egg yolk which tastes like the best thing in the world! I am very particular when it comes to eating Sunny Side Ups. I would be really upset if the egg yolk of my Sunny Side Up is overcooked as this is definitely not doing justice to my favourite food. Also, I super love eating Cornflakes with Milk for breakfast whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

Also, to provide some background story - I am really desperate to eat a hearty and satisfying breakfast set given that I am eating oats which look and taste like cement daily :( This is not because I love to torture myself - its just because my parents think that oats are healthy and they make that daily for breakfast and I was made to eat it. Moreover, as I normally wake up later, I do not have time to prepare my own breakfast but to swallow the cement.. Hu Hu Hu~  photo app-bearing.gif

Musings-of-a-RABBIT
My Usual Homemade Breakfast: Tacky, Gooey and Yucky Cement Oats :(
Anyways, I will gorge myself to the brim whenever I am overseas during hotel breakfast buffets with my morning favourites and those were considered to be the happiest days of my life! LOL

Breakfast @ Radisson Blu Edwardian The Vanderbilt Hotel in London, UK 

(Enjoyed the breakfast there for 3 weeks during my Work Attachment there)

Cornflakes with Milk
English Breakfast

Breakfast @ Hilton Tokyo Hotel in Tokyo, Japan

(Enjoyed the breakfast there for 4 days during my holiday there)

Cornflakes with Milk and a cup of Yoghurt
Freshly Cut Fruits :)
Assorted Pains (Buns)
Assorted Pastries
OK, now that you know that I am very deprived of a good breakfast, I shall proceed to review on Wild Honey to see if their breakfast can satisfy my long-term cravings.

Introduction

"Wild Honey" reminds me of Winnie the Pooh's favourite food. LOL. 
Jokes aside, this amazing place aims to take you to different countries (not physically, of course!) by serving breakfast sets which are distinct to each country! Also, who dictates that breakfast is meant to be consumed only in the Mornings?! Breakfast lovers can savour their favourite breakfast sets ALL DAY ROUND in Wild Honey ~ YAY!!!

Diving in to a SEA of BLUE Christmas Trees...
Mandarin Gallery
Arriving @ Our Destination
Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery

Le' Ambience

Wild Honey occupies a small corner in Mandarin Gallery and hence I could understand why they are unable to take reservations due to seating constraints.


 The place is really cozy and warm with brick walls and woody ceilings. You really do feel at home when you are seated at the bistro. Also, the place will somewhat resemble a chamber in the Hogwarts Castle (in Harry Potter) if they include a Fireplace.. How Nice~~



Le' Menu

The Menu can be found on their official website. I was surprised that there is NO hardcopy of the Menu provided and I was invited to browse their digital menu on their iPad located in front of the order counter. As there was a queue behind me and there was only ONE iPad available, I felt so stressed up as I could not decide on what breakfast set I wanted to order. I simply love breakfast in general. MEH~~

I just wanted to say that their Menu is SUPER DUPER UNFRIENDLY. It is so stressful to be browsing the images one by one on the iPad whilst the person behind is waiting for their turn rather impatiently. I prefer the normal menu with everything summarised in a couple of pages because I forgot what I have just read on the first few slides as I progressed to the last slides. Also, I was amused that their iPad Menu do not include drinks and other pastries served. I still have to raise my head and stare at the chalkboard above the counter and suffer from another headache before I proceed to make my order. The entire order process is ULTRA STRESSFUL :(

Shocked and Stressed Up

What I Ordered

Le' Order Counter ~ Frenzy Frenzy!
I finally made up my mind to order the Aussie Breakfast Set as my 'mains', a Mini Passion Fruit Cake for desserts (I was attracted to it when it was displayed at the counter) and Queen Bee (recommended by the Cashier) for drinks. Also, I have a serious language barrier with the Cashier who has a very strong Filipino accent. It took her to post me the same question THRICE for me to understand that she was asking how I wanted the steak in my Aussie Breakfast done. So stressful! Also, I couldn't be bothered to read everything on the blackboard about the drinks as the description isn't detailed enough plus I have astigmatism. Hence I simply requested for the Cashier to recommend their Signature Drinks for me to sample... :(

Le' Food

When I returned to my seat after I have ordered and paid for my foodie, I realised that the waiter have served me a cup of bottled water on my table. I think the staff must've known that the ordering process is stressful and hence have decided to serve me some water to calm my nerves (like real!). LOL.

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Bottled Water Served...
Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Can't Wait to Tuck In!!

Mini Passion Fruit Cake (SGD7.50++)

The Passion Fruit Cake is served with alternating layers of butter cake and fresh cream mixed with Passion Fruit seeds.

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Mini Passion Fruit Cake (SGD7.50++)
Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery

The cake has a light butterish aroma and it tastes very fluffy. Also the cream and passion fruit combi is nowhere overbearing. They complement each other very well. This is like one of the better cakes I have ever tasted ♥♥♥

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery


In fact, I polished the entire plate :3

LINE Sticker (Anime Kawaii Girl Eating Cake Edition)
Yummilicious!

Queen Bee (SGD9.00++)

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Queen Bee (SGD9.00++): Mixture of Soda, Grapefruit Juice and Honey
As I could barely figure out the Cashier's accent, my heart sank when I saw the slice of Grapefruit in the drink. I do not like the idea of sipping a glass of bitter juice :( And I was spot-on that the drink had the bitter taste from Grapefruit Juice just that the soda and honey mixture helped to dilute the bitterness a little. 

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery

I realised that the straw was made of paper after drinking a few sips! I do have a bad habit of biting my straws so I felt that the paper was melting off and I am eating bits of the straw whenever I chew it subconsciously. Meh!!

Overall, I felt that my money was not well spent on this drink since it is actually fizzy (I do not taste the honey in the drink, seriously) :(

Aussie (SGD30.00++)

120g 1824 Australian Grain Fed Sirloin 120 days, Red and Yellow Pepper and Onion Confit, Fried Egg, Breakfast Potatoes, Dad's Baked Beans, Sautéed Mushrooms, Spicy Tomato Chutney and Grilled ciabatta

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Aussie Breakfast Set (SGD30.00++)
Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Can't wait to devour my breakfast!
WHOA! This is goodness in a plate! I had my Sirloin Well Done and it tasted really GREAT! The meat is succulent and has a full-bodied taste and it is really pure indulgence in this! Moreover, my favourite Sunny Side Up is there done up perfectly and not overcooked :)))))

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Le' Well Done Sunny Side Up!
Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Close-Up on the Sirloin
Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Le' Sautéed Mushrooms ~ Moist and Juicy!
And the 2 Truss Tomatoes added vibrant colours to the entire dish, making it look so yummy! Just to digress a little to explain what are Truss Tomatoes - they are tomatoes with bright red skin, juicy flesh and intense flavour that are ripened on their vine and packaged directly into pun nets with the stem still attached. These tomatoes are available all year round too! Gosh~ they simply looked so bright and cheerful and contains antioxidants too! Simply too hard for me to resist!

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Le' Truss Tomato ~ Simply too Mouth-watering 
I loved everything in this dish except for Dad's Baked Beans because it tasted rather spicy. Ironically, the Spicy Tomato Chutney did not taste spicy at all but is filled with the full-bodied flavour from the tomatoes~ Did they accidentally add the spices into the Baked Beans instead??!!

Further to the above, I realized that BUTTER KNIFE was provided for the sirloin. I had great difficulty cutting the meat without Sweetie Muffin's assistance :( I MISS MUFFIN!!

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Leftovers again~ Muffin, Muffin wherefor art thou, Muffin?!

Le' Service

The service is very prompt. The food are served on time and I could enjoy my food slowly whilst basking myself in the great ambience... Lovely!

Overall

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
What an expensive Breakfast!
I totally enjoyed the food there - no regrets in visiting the place at all. Will come again to try their other breakfast sets but I will read up the menu and decide prior to visiting the place. Actually I do wish they can provide hardcopies of the menu with the desserts and drinks included in it so that I can study them and then decide what is best for myself as I cannot react properly on the spot you see...

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery
Ending off with a Selfie Taken there ;)



P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email Me


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment