sticky menu

Search


llaollao. Natural Frozen Yoghurt

My llaollao. Experience



Needless to say, llaollao. Natural Frozen Yoghurt has been a big hit in Singapore where you see your instagram feed (@musings_of_a_rabbit) being flooded with photos of this yoghurt with the striking green spoon.

As Chinese, we tend to pronounce this alien brand as 'lâo lāo' (aka 姥姥 which means granny). However, never read it as that in order not to lao kui (embarrass yourself) in front of your peers. 

The correct pronunciation should be "Yao Yao" (aka 妖妖 which means demon *FACE-PALM*). However, do be reminded never to correct your friend's pronunciation (unless he/she consults in you) so as not to make your friend feel lao kui. Just play along if they really pronounce it as "lao lao". Doesn't matter as long as they are both equally edible *GRIN*

Virgin Visit



The very first time I patronised llaollao was whilst I was shopping @ Plaza Singapura and I started to see people holding on to a cup of frozen yoghurt which looked very palatable. 

Hence as I tried to find out where did the people bought the yoghurt from and realised that they bought it from the llaollao. shop at the hidden corner near to John Little.


As a typical Singaporean, we tend to join the queue despite the long queue! 

To be honest, my first visit was an embarrassing one because I queued for 20 minutes and realised that the shop only accept payments in CASH! And... I only had SGD4.00 in my wallet but I was reluctant to give up queuing and hence settled for the Small Granillao which was only SGD3.90 as indicated on the board. 

Check out the queue!!!

I ordered my pathetic Granillao with only 1 topping - Chocolate Granolas and the staff told me that it actually cost SGD4.90!! I was so freaking embarrassed at the counter because the yoghurt was prepared and I was 90 cents short. In fact, I intended to leave my Granillao at the counter whilst I go to the nearest ATM to withdraw more cash. However, I was indeed moved when the staff told me that I could leave together with the yoghurt and come back later to pay for it. 

Granillao with Chocolate Granolas (SGD4.90)

Hence, Granillao is reminds me of Gratitude ever since. Many thanks for trusting in my honesty, llaollao. :)

When I was down and out, savouring on the small Granillao gave me the chance to taste the smoothness and richness of the plain frozen yoghurt itself. 

Sanum (SGD6.50)


Sanum is the most expensive and premium version of llaolloa.'s frozen yoghurt. 

You get to choose a crunch topping, 3 different fruit toppings and 1 preferred sauce. 

Priced only SGD1.60 more than the cheapest Granillao, Sanum is definitely more value for money and any frozen yoghurt lover would go for it straight without second thoughts. 

However, ordering your Sanum can be quite stressful especially with the long wait and the queue behind you. This is somewhat similar to my virgin attempt when ordering my Yong Tau Fu because there are simply too many combinations and permutations whereby it takes experience to perfect your order. 

Fortunately, my experience with the queue for llaollao. is always within 20 minutes. However, you must ensure that you will order the best tasting combinations in order to make your trip worthwhile. 

Talking Evil Bean's Recommendation


Hence, I stumbled upon Joey's guide to ordering the best Sanum as below:

Sanum
Credits: www.talkingevilbean.com
llaollao. Natural Frozen Yoghurt
How it actually looks like - Sanum with Caramelised Cookies, Watermelon, Kiwi, Blueberries and Chocolate Sauce

As fruits like watermelon, kiwi and blueberries are rich in water content, it kind of dilutes my froyo and makes the texture rather watery and hence I wouldn't want to order such a combination the next time.

My Second Attempt and Tips


This time round, I popped by llaollao. during a rainy weekday afternoon (during my lunch time). There was practically no queue outside the shop and I was the first few customers to savour this icy cold yoghurt! 


I created my first Sanum based on my own imagination.

My principle was simple - all I did was avoid fruits with high water content. I choose Oreo as Crunch, Strawberries, Mango and Pineapple as fruits topping and then chose Milk Candy as the Sauce.

llaollao. Natural Frozen Yoghurt
My First Self-Created Sanum - Oreo Crunch, Mango, Strawberries and Pineapple as Fruit Toppings before drizzling it lightly with Milk Candy Sauce

I can afford to choose sweeter sauce because all these would somehow be neutralised by the sourness coming from the pineapples.

llaollao. Natural Frozen Yoghurt

I was somehow satisfied with the zesty punch in my first creation but would like to try something better as not everybody can stand the acidic taste of pineapples.

My Favourite Sanum Combination


Guess What? - I found my perfect combo for Sanum!!!

I started to think about my new Sanum combination and made Sweetie Muffin queue at the Somerset 313 Branch whilst Samantha and I went shopping at H&M nearby on a Friday evening.

The queue was horrific (double that of Plaza Singapura's) but we were glad that it was a fast-moving queue. 

We ordered a cup of froyo each and the Sanum was definitely mine!

Our llaollao. treat from Sweetie Muffin *MUACKS*

To cut the long chase short, I was very satisfied with my Sanum combination this time round as I found the BEST tasting sauce ever -- Rum and Raisins!!! We never dreamt that the taste of rum would be so rich in this sauce and it somewhat complements the creamy froyo perfectly ~

llaollao. Natural Frozen Yoghurt
The best Sauce - Rum and Raisins

I chose caramelised cookies as the crunch topping, strawberries, rock melon and pomegranate as fruit toppings. Would highly recommend their rock melon topping because it is very sweet!!! Moreover, pomegranate serves as a boost of your daily anti-oxidant intake as well whereas Strawberries are my all-time favourite! 

llaollao. Natural Frozen Yoghurt
I found my Perfect Sanum! - Caramelised Cookies (Crunch), Strawberries, Melon and Pomegranate (Fruit Toppings) drizzled with Rum and Raisin (Sauce)

Hence this marks the beginning of my latest fetish for llaollao. froyo. 

I have found my perfect Sanum, have you found yours? Do share with me your idea of the Perfect Sanum so that I might pop by to try it again during a very normal weekday lunch :)

Until Next Time :)

Café Name: llaollao. Natural Frozen Yoghurt 
Website: http://www.llaollaoweb.com/sg/llaollao-sg
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/llaollaoSingapore
Operating Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 11:00 to 20:00; Friday, Saturday and Eve of Public Holidays, 11:00 to 23:30
Pricing: ★★★☆☆
Taste: ★★★★◐




P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email MeIcon


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment