sticky menu

Search


Just Like it!, Resorts World Sentosa

Smooth and Natural, Just the way YOU like it!



This is the day I get to try this quirky looking ice-cream parlour situated within Resorts World Sentosa!


Was attracted to this place due to curiosity. 

Lab-produced Ice-Cream? How is it like? 

Café Name: Just Like it!
Website: http://www.just-like.it
Location: 
26 Sentosa Gateway
#01-201
Singapore 098269
Tel: 6238 6440
Operating Hours: Daily, 10:00 - 22:00

First Impressions


The walls were painted black to resemble the old school chalkboard with chalk scribblings of chemical formulas and diagrams. 


Kind of reminds me of my experience at Science Centre where I get to see many quirky stuff.



The menu wise was displayed on the flat screen TV above the "lab" where the staff prepared their ice-cream. The menu changes after a few seconds as the display flashes the next page.

Menu flashed on flat-screen TV mounted above

Trying to read the menu and to make a sound decision proved to be a challenge as the prints are pretty small and I happen to suffer from myopia :(

The fine prints were really FINE!

Store Concept


Chemistry meets F&B in this "lab" where the staff prepared the food in front of our very eyes.


Just Like it! uses liquid nitrogen to prepare their ice-creams. 

Lab where ice-cream was prepared - note the smoke spewing out from the mixer!

King Forest "The Durian" (SGD12.90)

Durian Ice-Cream + Waffle Bowl + Snow Cream + Flaky Almond + Lady Finger Chocolate Rice


Just Like it!, Resorts World Sentosa
King Forest "The Durian" (SGD12.90)

The portion served is consider pathetically small as compared to a SGD12.90 portion you can get at other ice-cream parlours like Anderson's Ice-Cream

Just Like it!, Resorts World Sentosa
Durian Ice-Cream + Waffle Bowl + Snow Cream + Flaky Almond + Lady Finger Chocolate Rice

I wonder what durian they used because it tasted BLAND and DILUTED.

I was seriously very disappointed because this ice-cream was doing injustice to our King of Fruits. If you are a durian lover, please abstain from this flavour at all cost. I think they invented this flavour just to bluff kids / gullible tourists. *MEH*

Just Like it!, Resorts World Sentosa

I still prefer New Zealand Natural Café's Durian Ice-Cream to this. At least I get to taste the durian meat in it.   

Just Like it!, Resorts World Sentosa

Overall


Just Like it!, Resorts World Sentosa

I am a hardcore ice-cream lover who loves almost any flavour of ice-cream. 

I wished I could take my love for ice-creams to a new level if using liquid nitrogen in the preparation can further enhance the taste of my favourite dessert. I hoped my I can be less harsh with my verdict but I can't help but conclude that I will not return again because I simply "Just Hate it!" after burning a hole in my wallet and yet not enjoying the taste a wee bit.

Just Like it!, Resorts World Sentosa
My word of caution: try at your own
~ r i s k ~

The marketing gimmicks can be nice but the recipe simply lacked substance - in fact any tub of ice-cream purchased from NTUC Fairprice might taste richer and better than this and at a cheaper price too. Do not think this is a worthwhile attempt but the bottomline is that I have eased my curiosity and that the ice-cream still tasted cold.

Take it as a lesson learnt for me then :)

Pricing: ★★★★★
Food: ★☆☆☆☆
Ambience: ★★★☆☆
Service: ★★◐☆☆



P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email MeIcon


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment