sticky menu

Search


We are ENGAGED!!!

#RabbitMuffin Engagement on 10 October 2014


Engagement Ring

Hi world! We are finally ENGAGED!!

Special thanks to our relatives, friends and blog readers for the never-ending well-wishes.

As mentioned in my previous post, 10 October is a special date for us and we are very fortunate to be engaged on this date :)

We made a trip down on the day before (9 October) to verify our identities and also to make an oath to declare that everything we declared is truthful and that we are above the age of 21. It was pretty weird having to raise our right hand and read the 'script' provided to us. I tried to read the entire passage within one breath because I wanted to get over and done with it. LOL!

I was grateful for attending the Korean Make-Up lesson with Cynderella by Cynthia Oh earlier as I saved a lot of money on engaging a Professional Make-Up Artist for my Engagement as I can DIY. Thank God I managed to paste the double-eyelid tape and falsies almost effortlessly although I did not practice putting them on again after my previous lesson.

I spent the entire morning dolling myself up and fixing my irritably straight hair.

Sneak Preview of my ROM look :)

Then we set off to the venue - Registry of Marriage (ROM) as our appointment was at 1.53pm and we were encouraged to reach at least 15 minutes in advance. The time slot allocated to us was weird as it is like between lunch and dinner. Hence we cannot have a family gathering over lunch but were compelled to Yum Cha (drink tea) after the solemnisation.

Sweetie Muffin had arrived earlier whilst my family and I reached at 1.30pm as my dad had difficulties finding the car park.

When I arrived, Sweetie Muffin gave me a very sombre expression and said in a low-tone:

"I have something to tell you"


I was very hesitant to listen to what he was about to say. Because his expression looked grave and I thought he was about to tell me that we have not enough budget for house renovation and hence he wanted to shelf it till a better timing...

LINE Characters - Happy Vacations (100 Coins): These new animated stickers will make your vacation days more lively than ever! Chill out and take a breather with your favourite LINE characters!

I was trying hard to avoid him but he pulled me to a corner....

And He said:

"I forgot to bring something..."



I heaved a sigh of relief when it was not about cancelling my renovation plans...

But.. What did that dumb muffin forget to bring? If he did not bring his NRIC, can we still proceed to register our marriage??

"I forgot to buy flowers!!" Sweetie Muffin mumbled.


LINE Characters: All the Love (100 Coins): The LINE Characters are back and more animated than you've ever seen them before! Use these moving stickers to bring even more emotions to your chats!

. . . . . . What is the BIG deal about flowers?

He explained that he saw that other brides have a bouquet of flowers but I do not have any and he was afraid that I would feel mentally imbalanced because of that. That is just so LAME! I thought it was something very serious... *MEH*

LINE Characters: All the Love (100 Coins): The LINE Characters are back and more animated than you've ever seen them before! Use these moving stickers to bring even more emotions to your chats!

Anyways I wasn't a flower person. I scolded him when he gave me flowers for Valentine's Day as it was extravagant and useless. It added on to my woes as I have to spray water at the roses but to see them wither away and have to bear the heartache throwing them away since they started to rot.
LINE Characters: All the Love (100 Coins): The LINE Characters are back and more animated than you've ever seen them before! Use these moving stickers to bring even more emotions to your chats!

I am a pragmatic person. A mere bouquet of flowers cannot satisfy me. I want a muffin who loves me more than anything and be good by applying sunblock on a daily basis.

I would seriously prefer to have something that is more functional like a decent handbag (my dream CC), shoes (my dream Ferragamo), accessories etc (Yes, I don't deny that I am materialistic. So?). At least something that is of use to me rather than flowers because the garden in our church has plentiful.

So after the "Flowers Episode", we continued to wait outside Solemnisation Room 1 for our turn.

Waiting for our names to be called...

There were many other couples waiting outside together with us as well. 

Finally ~ it was our turn and we entered into the Solemnisation Room to be greeted by a pleasant looking lady in her late fifties. 

She requested to verify our identification documents and  started reading her 'script' in slow-mo and we have to agree with her statements by saying "Yes". 

Finally, it was our turn to recite our marriage vows and it ended off with:

"In token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love, with this ring I marry you"


Then, we were pronounced as Man and Wife. 

That was how I became Mrs. Muffin Poon in under 15 minutes and that felt surreal! 

I think the registrar sounded rather robotic to us because she has conducted too many sessions in one day. Everything just happened almost abruptly and before we notice anything, we were already considered lawfully married. 

We were ready to leave the room via where we entered but the registrar reached out to a remote control and pressed a button. Suddenly, the curtains on the other side of the room parted and she gestured to us to exit via that direction. We didn't expect the ROM to be so hi-tech! *COOL*

We were being greeted by a flower arch for photo-taking and we stopped by to take a few photos under the scorching heat. 

Photo taken on 9 Oct 2014 (My "Rehearsal")

Then we headed back indoors to take photos with the heart-shaped rose bushes before we call it a day and proceed to Mouth Restaurant @ Plaza Singapura for Dim Sum. 


As our parents are not youngsters, we did not take many photos after the solemnisation as they are not into photo-taking. Hence I will be reserving the photos taken during my engagement to be displayed on my actual wedding instead. 

We did not hire photographers for this occasion and hence I brought my own tripod stand to take group photos. We saw other couples doing the same as well and hence we were relieved :D

Really can't wait for the renovation and our actual marital life to commence!

Wedding Countdown
183
Days
:8
Hours
:0
Min
:11
Sec
Wedding is on  Sunday, 12 April 2015
Wedding Countdown
183
Days
:8
Hours
:0
Min
:12
Sec
Wedding is on  Sunday, 12 April 2015
Wedding Countdown
183
Days
:8
Hours
:2
Min
:53
Sec
Wedding is on  Sunday, 12 April 2015

Until Next Time :)

#OOTD at Singapore Philatelic Museum nearby ;)



P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email MeIcon


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment