sticky menu

Search


Facing Difficult Times :(

Stressed is Desserts spelt backwards... 
To learn and grow through difficult times so that we can enjoy our sweet reward ultimately :)

Dear friends, do you feel lost and troubled over a load of cares lately?

To be honest, I have not been feeling very great over my job due to the heavy workload during the peak period. I felt that my work-life balance was greatly compromised when I left the office at 9.30pm, which broke my record for the previous three years!

During this period, I was really very weary and sick of everything. Facing a bleak future full of uncertainties...

I have always believed that we are not cogs of a machine and shouldn't work like a robot, but under such circumstances, I really do not have a choice but push my body to work later and later than expected. With so many things unsettled, with so many people chasing me to submit my work everywhere.. This is like suffering in a living hell.

During my darkest 2 months, I lost faith in God. And.. I started to question Him WHY on earth did He want to put me through such tribulation?! It seemed that my initial prayers were unanswered and I have decided to rely on myself and avoid prayers altogether.

All I wanted was to be happy and enjoy my life and have a career which I have passion in. All that OT-ing is wearing my motivation and draining my energy slowly...

It was so bad that I have decided to regain my motivation by watching some videos by Nick Vujicic. How can a person without limbs survive and yet be so happy?

Then.. I realised, everything happen for a reason. Although I do not understand why God has put me through this difficult situation, but I believe that perhaps He wanted me to understand the importance of work-life balance. My job switch has brought about pay increment but it definitely required more commitment. So this made me ponder about what I really want in life - to earn load of money, or to have more time for myself, to plan for my own wedding and for God? I have not been blogging much thanks to all that OT-ing as well.

Matthew 16:26
"What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

Although I am still in a situation that brought me much discomfort, I realised that all the stress has yet to kill me. I survived through all these hurdles by the grace of God. I still continue to carry the HOPE and believe that whilst God closed a door for me, He will still leave a small window for me to breathe somehow. I will continue to keep praying and entrusting my cares to God and I do hope that you can pray for me as well. I have the faith that all things are possible through God. Amen.

I also realised that I have not sung my favourite hymns for a long, long time.

Hence, I have decided to sing a Hymn to encourage all of us who are going through difficult times right now... Do not fear, for we have a friend in Jesus :)


Hymn #263: What a Friend We Have in Jesus




Lyrics


What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.





P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email Me


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment