sticky menu

Search


HDB Resale Flat Journey Part 3: Interior Design - Bathrooms

Dream Bathroom


I have shared with you guys my ideas for Kitchen, Living and Dining Area in my previous post @ http://musings-of-a-rabbit.blogspot.sg/2014/08/hdb-resale-flat-idea-part-2-interior.html

Now, I shall share with you my Bathroom ideas.

HDB 4A Floor Plan
Bathrooms

Everybody needs to visit the bathroom and spends a great deal of time inside having a shower, getting ready in the morning, clearing bowels etc (too much info). 

To me, an ideal bathroom must be comfortable and provides a conducive ambience for me to shit in it. LOL.

As you know, the bathrooms in HDB Apartments are generally pretty small and hence it is a challenge to squeeze everything you need into the bathroom especially when I have many toiletries :(

Vanity Counter


A Vanity Cabinet is a must as I have many facial products. Also, I need room to store my cleaning supplies as well as towels etc. 


I would like my countertop to be made of whit marble to make it look welcoming. 

Suspending Vanity Cabinets


How cool will it be when your vanity cabinets are suspending in mid-air?

The reason why I thought of this is due to the ease of cleaning - your cabinets might crumble and rot when come into contact with water right?

Suspending Vanity Cabinet

 Storage for Frequently Used Toiletries


I want my facial cleanser, toothbrush and toothpaste to be accessible at all times (I'm sure Sweetie Muffin wants his hair wax / shaver to be accessible too). 

Hence, it will be nice if there is a side cabinet besides the basin area to house all our frequently used products!


To save the hassle, perhaps we can consider building a side shelf using the tiles - it looks sophisticated too :)

Side Shelves for Toiletries and Suspending Vanity Cabinet! Purrfect

Double Basins


As I will be sharing a bathroom with Sweetie Muffin, I was thinking of building 2 basins so that we will not vie for the sink when we get ready in the morning. However, due to spacial constraints, perhaps I should just perish that thought. Meh! 


Bowl-like basins


In view of spacial constraints, a bowl basin would be better I think. And cleaning a circular bowl is easier than cleaning a rectangular shaped one in my opinion.

What do you think?

Bowl Basin! Not this colour of course!

Power Socket at the Vanity Area


I need a power socket there to charge our electronic toothbrushes!

Power Socket at Vanity Counter

Hexagonal Shower Screens


Think out of the box! How nice will it be if the shower area is not squarish! If it is a dome / hexagon, how cool will it look!

Also, this helps to save space and you have a larger area to stretch your legs when you poop.


Storage in the Shower

I am still contemplating whether should I do the racks inside the walls / protruding out like latches. 

I prefer in-built though.. But how is the contractor gonna dig a hole in my bathroom walls? 

In-Built

Latching

Rain Shower


This is a must as it spices up my bathroom by leaps and bounds! Whahahaha!

I will not be considering having the rain shower installed on my bathroom ceiling and will be having an external faucet instead for easy maintenance. Also, its more within our budget ;)

Relaxing Rain Shower!

Lighting


I am attracted to this birdie light bulb from Taobao.

My Birdie Light Bulb

Suspending Light LOL

Alternatively, we can have this which is simple and nice too.



P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email MeIcon


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif


1 comment:

  1. Great! if you're looking for a plumbing and heating company in Glasgow with many years experience in the plumbing and heating trade then look no further than R F Plumbing & Heating. Bathroom Installation Glasgow

    ReplyDelete