sticky menu

Search


Food Garden, Asia Square

My Best and Worst of Food Garden, Asia Square



I used to work at Asia Square during the previous year and I enjoyed the food served in Food Garden because they tasted great although the pricing wise is not too pocket-friendly...

I shall share with you guys on what I like in Food Garden.

Perhaps you may have a list of your favourite stalls as well :)

My Favourite Haunts 


FRESH +
Website: www.freshplus.com.sg
Unit No.: #02-11
Tel: 6636 1916 (Phone Delivery Available)
Pricing: ★★★☆☆
Food: ★★★★◐

Food Garden, Asia Square


This is my staple - I can't live without eating fresh 'grass' (salads) from this stall at least once a week. The 'grass' served by them are the freshest ever tasted so far - it is indeed much fresher than the cheaper ones offered by the coffee shop situated at the overhead bridge near Shenton House. 

Food Garden, Asia Square
Vast Selection of Fresh Fruits and Veggies :)

Food Garden, Asia Square

Food Garden, Asia Square

I LOVE eating cherry tomatoes, sweet corns, and huge chunks of beet root and a healthy dose of pumpkins, cous cous and top it up with croutons followed by drizzling it with my favourite Honey Mustard dressing. Awww this is HEAVEN!!

Food Garden, Asia Square

I couldn't help but exclaim that I LOVE their Salads!!!

P.L.T. Sandwiches
Website: http://pltsandwiches.com
Unit No.: #02-09
Tel: 6844 1086 (Phone Delivery available)
Pricing: ★★★☆☆
Food: ★★★★◐

Food Garden, Asia Square

My recent favourite! I always hesitated ordering their sandwiches because they looked too home-made and do not look appealing with the SGD8 price tag. 

Food Garden, Asia Square

I only tried their sandwiches when there was a coupon deal to purchase them at SGD5 and fell in love with the sandwiches instantly!

Food Garden, Asia Square

I loved the P.L.T. Signature with wholemeal bread and do not estimate the serving size - it is very filling for me!

WHEAT Baumkuchen
Website: www.wheatbaumkuchen.com
Unit No.: #02-02
Tel: 6536 0277 (Phone Delivery available)
Pricing: ★★★☆☆
Food: ★★★★◐

I couldn't have overemphasised how much I LOVE eating their soba!

I have frequented this stall very often and even did a separate review on it @ http://musings-of-a-rabbit.blogspot.sg/2013/12/wheat-baumkuchen-food-garden-asia.html

Penguin Noodles: Green Soba, Sesame Sauce, Shredded Chicken, Fried Eggs and Salad
Penguin Noodles + Water Chestnut Drink

Dolphin Noodles: Ramen, Miso Sauce, Prawns, Quail Eggs and Salad
Dolphin Noodles

Wheat Baumkuchen @ Food Garden, Asia Square Tower 1
Salmon Noodles (SGD9.00)

Triple-Os
Website: www.tripleos.com
Unit No.: #02-14
Pricing: ★★★◐☆
Food: ★★★◐☆

Food Garden, Asia Square

This is the slowest fast food ever! Have to wait for at least 10 minutes even though you happen to be in front of the queue. It is also very expensive for fast food. 

Food Garden, Asia Square

Food Garden, Asia Square
Total Damage? SGD10.90!!!

However, it tastes really great! Better than McDonald's, KFC, Burger King and Carl's Junior in my opinion! And.. I LOVE their Fries!

Food Garden, Asia Square

Awww that is definitely the most unhealthy stall I developed a liking to in Food Garden! 


SUBWAY
Website: http://www.subway.com.sg
Unit No.: #02-07
Tel: 6345 3528 (Phone Delivery and Online Delivery available)
Pricing: ★★☆☆☆
Food: ★★★◐☆

Food Garden, Asia Square

The least expensive stall in Food Garden already. For a mere SGD5.00, you can savour half a foot long of sandwich plus a drink. Top-up SGD1 more and you will get a cookie (my all time favourite is Oatmeal Raisin). How lovely ~


ASTONS Express
Website: www.astons.com.sg
Unit No.: #02-15
Pricing: ★★☆☆☆
Food: ★★★★☆

Food Garden, Asia Square
Crispy Fried Chicken + Mac + Coleslaw (SGD7.50)

The most affordable Western Foodie which managed to maintain their standard in terms of taste at all times!

However the waiting time can be rather long if you appear for lunch after 12pm - recommend you to make your orders at 11.30am instead :)

My favourite is Crispy Fried Chicken (SGD7.50) which comes with 2 sides of your choice! I will always take Onion Rings and Coleslaw as my choice of sides. Never ever try Mac... I was disappointed that Mac referred to Macaronis! And it tasted very starchy, not to mention cheesy..


MANNA Korea
Unit No.: #02-17
Pricing: ★★★☆☆
Food: ★★★☆☆

Food Garden, Asia Square

This is the one and only Korean stall in Food Garden. This is the best stall to satisfy my cravings for a bowl of hot soupy Kimchi Ramen during a chilly rainy afternoon :)

The pricing is around SGD7-10 depending on what you order. Not very cheap for maggie mee (instant noodles). 

Starbucks Coffee
Website: www.starbucks.com.sg
Unit No. #02-22
Tel: 6844 9880 (Phone Deliver available)
Pricing: ★★◐☆☆
Food: ★★★★☆

Food Garden, Asia Square

Not satisfied with your meal? End it off with a sweet treat or have a sip of coffee / frappé can really brighten your day :)

My favourites from Starbucks are Chai Tea Latte (Hot) and Green Tea Latte (Hot). Favourite Frappé would be the Java Chip one.. And my favourite dessert there is New York Cheese Cake!

Before I go about rattling on and on about my favourite foodies from Food Garden and bore you people to death, perhaps I can just highlight a few of my not so favourites below... 

My Not So Favourites...

My not so favourite stalls in Food Garden might be your favourites.. So please do not feel offended because I simply cannot convince myself to eating them for a second time. 

FUN
Unit No.: #02-15
Tel: 6844 9849
Pricing: ★★◐☆☆
Food: ★★☆☆☆


Food Garden, Asia Square
A stall serving Chinese Delicatessen Rice

Tasted pretty normal and worst of all, I suffered from indigestion afterwards (I can't take too much solids) which was not "FUN" at all :(

Food Garden, Asia Square
Le' Take Away Menu

We ordered takeaway from this stall as we were enticed by the affordable prices (starting from SGD5.80). However they do serve really expense rice such as the SGD22.80 Abalone and Crab Meat Rice and Mixed Seafood Extravaganza Rice. It is ridiculous to eat such expensive food in a food court setting!

Food Garden, Asia Square
Rice Wine Baked Chicken on Rice (SGD8.80)

Anyway I felt that the rice tasted normal as my mom cooks rice with vegetables and her specialty dishes daily too. Hence I do not taste any novelty in this and I felt that my mom's cooking is far more superior and tastes a lot healthier than this...

Soup Stock Tokyo
Website: www.soup-stock-tokyo.sg
Unit No.: #02-05
Pricing: ★★★◐☆
Food: ★★☆☆☆

If given a choice, I would've chose The Soup Spoon (Unit No.: 02-13) over this for the following reasons:

1. It is more affordable
2. The portion is bigger and hence is more satisfying
3. More Variety
4. And I can earn perks with the Loyalty Card

I must be out of my mind to pay over SGD14 for a small cup of soup plus a morsel of bun!

Ippudu Ramen Express
Website: www.ippudo.com.sg
Unit No.: #02-01
Tel: 6844 9952
Pricing: ★★★★◐
Food: ★★◐☆☆

Food Garden, Asia Square

I would recommend you to go for Men Men Don Don (Unit No.: #02-16) over this. For a cheaper pricing, you get to enjoy soupy ramen that tastes less saltier and healthier than Ippudu's. 

Food Garden, Asia Square

Food Garden, Asia Square

Food Garden, Asia Square
So Expensive.. and Salty!

Then again, this is very subjective as Willy prefers Ippudu's ramen over Men Men Don Don as it tasted more authentic.

The majority of my colleagues (including myself) might just walk over to The Ramen Bar @ Boat Quay for authentic tasting Japanese ramen (less salty but richer broth) at that sort of pricing instead. 

Makaan Mumbai
Unit No.: #02-01
Tel: 6636 3018
Pricing: ★★★◐☆
Food: ★★☆☆☆

Food Garden, Asia Square

Simply overpriced for mediocre tasting Indian Cuisine.

I have tasted better from Banana Leaf Apollos @ Little India - that is where my Sweetie Muffin stays! Also, I was disappointed that they do not serve the lower-end dishes such as Roti Prata and Thosai. The Lassi served didn't taste as good as those from Little India as well :(

What a disappointment! I would prefer Masala Art @ Peninsula Plaza for the more higher-end type of Indian cuisine. Meh ~


P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email Me


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment