sticky menu

Search


SHI LI FANG 食立方, ICON Village

Hotpot for Lunch?!



Hotpot for lunch?! Many people would ask in disbelief. 

Who the hell would want to fill their bellies with crap loads of food during the restrictive 1 hour lunch?! Most probably we would end up feeling sleepy during work after returning from lunch. 

Well, who says hotpot cannot be consumed during a weekday lunch? The weather has been rather chilly and wet lately and the most comforting lunch treat would be none other but hotpot! Do be assured that you will not end up feeling bloated after lunch because SHI LI FANG serves individual hotpot portions at reasonable pricing as well :)


Restaurant Name: SHI LI FANG 食立方
Location: 
12 Gopeng Street
#01-41 Icon Village
Singapore 078877

Being the new F&B outlet in town, SHI LI FANG 食立方 is one of the very rare hotpot restaurants in the Tanjong Pagar area. The staff employed were mostly PRCs and we were quite taken aback as the authentic Chinese hotpot can be rather oily and jelak for lunch. In fact, the restaurant was rather empty during the first few days when it first set foot in Icon Village and we were commenting on whether it would be able to survive in view that the stalls in Icon Village have been ever-changing. 

My perception of this restaurant changed when my business partner invited me to lunch at this outlet as he is acquainted to the boss of the restaurant. He was full of praises for the food served and hence I decided to give it a try as my colleagues would not want to try hotpot during lunch as it will burst their lunch budget and they might be concerned that they might stink after lunch *Tsk, ladies ~ Rolls Eyes*

See the noisy lunch crowd!

The restaurant was surprising packed with people when I arrived and there were many patrons queuing to enter as well. Fortunately my partner actually reserved a seat at the bar counter area.

The restaurant was very bright and I noticed that they used their logo as the lamp above our heads!! *WOW*

Also, there was a flat-screen TV playing video of how they actually do their handmade noodles...

Overhead LOGO lamp!
I tried to study the placemat underneath but it proved to be too much info!!
SHI LI FANG's Recommendations.. Worth a read!!

 Set A - Beef Tenderloin Set (SGD16.30/set)

Set Meal comes with Vegetable Platter and a choice of the following: Handmade Noodles, Rice, Vermicelli, or Egg Noodles


Vegetable Platter

This was highly recommended by my partner as it is indeed a very nutritious platter! It comes with leafy veggies, Enokitake Mushrooms, Crab Sticks, Black Fungus, Wintermelon, Scallop and an Egg. 

Beef Tenderloin

The portion of the set was just nice for myself and I managed to polish everything within an hour's time (I was pretty hungry that day)! 

Double-Flavoured Soup Base


With 6 soup bases to choose from, I settled with 2 soup bases (spicy soup base and chicken broth) in order to make my visit worthwhile! 

Greedy me with my double soup bases! - Spicy Mala Soup + Tonic Chicken Soup

I didn't really like the Spicy Mala Soup as there are huge pepper granules in the soup and I always get to chew on them (tasted rather bitter) whenever I scoop the soup to drink. Perhaps they should put the condiments in a teabag or filter the pepper when they serve this to us. 

The Tonic Chicken Soup on the other hand tasted lovely ~ In fact it tasted like Bijin Nabe from Tsukada Nojo.

Drinks


I had Lime Juice for drinks because I think it helps to quench my thirst more effectively. Oops sorry, no photo of the drink because I need to entertain my business partner *Heheh* 

30 Hotpot Dipping Sauces!


There are a total of 30 different hotpot dipping sauces to sample and I settled with a spicy and non-spicy one below. You can also mix different sauces together to create your own flavour :)

Spicy and non-spicy dipping sauces

Handmade Noodles 



Staff preparing the Handmade Noodles for me

I also tried their Handmade Noodles as it was their speciality. I was served with 2 slices of dough-liked substance and was told that the staff would come to assist me in the preparation.

Due to the overwhelming crowd, service has became rather slow and hence I had to wait 15 minutes before I could witness the 'performance'. 

A video posted by Aldora Muses 👸 (Sg) (@musings_of_a_rabbit) on

The noodles tasted not bad but the portion might be a little small for guys - would recommend guys to order extra noodles instead. 

Overall


Overall, I enjoyed my lunch as it is a treat and the food served tasted great. Portion wise was decent and thumbs up for the nutritious value in their hotpot. Will definitely be back for more :)


Pricing: ★★★☆☆
Food: ★★★★☆
Ambience: ★★◐☆☆
Service: ★★☆☆☆


P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email MeIcon


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment