sticky menu

Search


Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

Affordable Western Food



Looking for a place which serves decent and affordable Western Cuisine? Astons Specialities would be the one-stop solution for you!

I was first introduced to Astons when I was working at KeyPoint building during my first permanent job. 

In those days where income was meagre, dining at Astons could be a luxury when compared to our normal lunch which cost less than SGD5 at the Army Market. We would actually make an effort to dine at Astons during colleagues' farewell or when we get our pay / bonus. Hence, Astons Specialities here at KeyPoint contains all my great memories of my first job :)


Restaurant Name: Astons Specialties 
Location:
371 Beach Road, #01-07 KeyPoint
Singapore 199597
Tel: 6295 6020
Operating Hours: Daily, 11:30 - 22:00


Exploring Arab Street


Sweetie Muffin and I were actually exploring Arab Street again where he helped me snap a few nice photos with the graffiti walls as a good backdrop :)



Hence I tried to pull a few 'stunts' and attempted to take some #OOTD just that I think it was #EpicFail for me. 

My first #OOTD attempt @ Arab St.

Seriously.. I wonder how did the instagramers and fashion bloggers did those professional looking photoshoots without looking as idiotic as myself *MEH*


Perhaps.. The cameraman is the key.. He took unflattering angles of me loh... *Oops*

He he he ~ I caught you ~~ Button Fellow!! ^_^
I think I should perish my dream of becoming a model and focus on food blogging instead. LOL.

Soz, we were famished after all that photo taking and hence we walked to KeyPoint Building nearby as I recalled that there was an Astons Specialities there :)

Still in Cam-Whoring Mode.. LOL

I am in love with Astons because the standards of their food is always maintained - just like McDonald's. Seldom you get substandard tasting food from McDonald's right? So its the same to Astons :)

Affordability and Variety


Dining at Astons allow you to order a set meal with 2 sides (you can choose Hot or Cold Side Dishes). The portion is decent and filling and the food tastes good as well.

You might want to visit their website for the Full Menu 

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

My favourite main dishes are ranked in the below order:

1. Crispy Fried Chicken
2. Lemon Lime Chicken
3. Black Pepper Chicken

Hmm I LOVE Chicken!!! *Muahahahaha*

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

I would always order Crispy Fried Chicken most of the times since my decision to dine at Astons is already sinful, so make it most sinful (warped logic, yes) :D 

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

 Comfort


It feels cozy dining at Astons although Sweetie Muffin find it a little too rowdy as the tables are positioned pretty close to each other. 


However, the ambience is still a lot better than McDonald's for sure ;)

Basket for Cutlery
Salt n Pepper Shaker

Root Beer Float (SGD3.90)


This is the most cooling drink after a hot and humid day at Arab Street.

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

Indeed our greatest reward thus far! *Grin*

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

Crispy Fried Chicken (SGD8.90)

Cold Side: Coleslaw 
Hot Side: Onion Rings


Be prepared to get fattened as you eat this dish!

The outer skin of the chicken is super crispy whereas the skin inside is tender and succulent. I cannot help but emphasise how much I love Love LOVE this dish!

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

I've always preferred Onion Rings to Fries because I love the onion taste. 

Their Potato Salad (Cold Side Dish) is delicious too but it will be too filling for me if I were to order it. Therefore I was always compelled to give it a miss in order not to waste food :(

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

Hickory BBQ Chicken (SGD8.90)

Cold Side: Pasta Salad
Hot Side: Baked Potato


Sweetie Muffin ordered the Hickory BBQ Chicken together with all the starchy sides. 

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

The chicken tastes great with the BBQ sauce but I would still personally prefer my Crispy Fried Chicken though. 

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

Total Damage


We spent a total of SGD25.60 ~ approx SGD12.80 each which is considered OK as compared to most of the bills from our Caféhopping experiences (at least SGD20 per pax). 

Not to mention that our bellies were filled to the brim with tasty and satisfying food. 

Astons Specialities, KeyPoint

I think it is time for us to go on diet again after the calories overdose!

Pricing: ★★☆☆☆
Food: ★★★◐☆
Ambience: ★★◐☆☆
Service: ★★◐☆☆

Until Next Time :)





P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email MeIcon


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment