sticky menu

Search


Words You Say Can Have Very Real And Sometimes Tragic Consequences

Food For Thought: The Power of Your Words


Yes, that IS the power of YOUR words.

Those of us who are not dumb will talk everyday.

The average number of words spoken per day is about 20,000 for woman and 7,000 for man.

Out of the many words spoken per day, some are encouraging, some are hurting and some are abusive...

Do we often label people "idiotic", "stupid", "imbecile" etc? Sometimes parents do use it on their kids as well. 

I was labelled as "stupid" and "lack of common sense" by my mom when she tried to coerce me to learn cooking under her 'mentorship'. The process was a TORTURE. 

It is a fact that I ace in areas like IT, writing... But never cooking. 

After that torture session, I told myself that I would NEVER ever cook in my lifetime again. That is the power of words. 

When I am at work, I am never labelled as 'lack of common sense' or 'brainless'. In fact I enjoy what I am doing now because I find meaning in it and I felt appreciated and included and this sense of achievement is my fuel and motivation to carry on despite the challenges faced.

What does the Holy Bible says about what we speak? Let's read the verse below for a start.

James 3:5-6
"Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell."

Not very convinced with my "Aldora-logy"? 

Watch this video excerpt below:


 ~ WORDS CAN BE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION ~


Be very careful of whatever we say because our words can turn into weapons of mass destruction even before we realise this ourselves!

Sometimes, we utter words without thinking much in our anger and haste. This can be dangerous as the other party listening (or rather absorbing the words you utter) might be psychologically hurt by your act. 

In milder cases, you lose a friend / relative. In serious cases, you might be murdered for speaking offensive words to them.

I myself is guilty of being sarcastic with my words. 

Sometimes I might hurt Sweetie Muffin in the process because I get very annoyed trying to communicate with him as he can never catch what I am saying and I have to repeat myself like a spoilt tape recorder for many times. *GROWL*

However, in order to let your relationship sustain, Sweetie Muffin advocates very much on communication. 

When I am feeling low, I actually do yearn for comforting and encouraging words from Sweetie Muffin (but yet again, he never gets it right and I felt criticised most of the times *MEH*). 


Actually it is so true that words uttered by someone (especially by your significant other) can either make or break you.


Let us all begin our day with ONE Kind Word.

Perhaps they might really change the life of someone next?


God, when can Sweetie Muffin utter something nice to me to brighten my lonesome day?? 
*Feeling Hopeful*



P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email MeIcon


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment