sticky menu

Search


HDB Resale Flat Journey Part 2: Interior Design - Kitchen, Living & Dining Area

Dream Kitchen, Living and Dining Area


I had previously posted about my Dream Home ideas at http://musings-of-a-rabbit.blogspot.sg/2014/03/my-dream-home.html before we even started our flat hunting. 

Now that we have confirmed on our unit's layout, my interior design ideas of my Dream Home has revised to suit our floor plan etc.

HDB Resale Flat Journey Part 2: Interior Design - Kitchen, Living & Dining Area
FLOOR PLAN
HDB Resale Flat Journey Part 2: Interior Design - Kitchen, Living & Dining Area
Proposed Layout


*Disclaimer: Below PICTURES are "stolen" from Google Images and hence the poor resolution for some of them :(

Kitchen Interior Design


Huge NO-NOs!


The design that doesn't suit my liking is the modern contemporary design of using glossy laminates for Kitchen Cabinets. And.. I am a never a fan of bold contrasting colours like red and black - the design below somehow resembles my Office's Pantry LOL. 

Say NO to Bold Contrasting Colours and Glossy Surfaces!

Inclinition Towards Lighter Shades


Lighter colours makes the kitchen bright and airy - I love the feeling of being in an ultra spacious area :)

I like the light brown Wood Laminates and the Warm Yellow Lighting

I am also contemplating to knock down the wall connecting my Kitchen and Dining Area and have an open-concept kitchen with countertop. 

I like the cottage look of the matte wooden cabinets and the polished granite tabletops

It would be splendid if my countertop comes with a sink! I can face my guests whilst washing dishes or keep myself entertained if I can watch the TV at the living area!!

Don't Really Like the Glossy White Cabinets.. What I want to emphasise on is the Light Greyish Granite Tabletop that I ultra like
I am OK with light greyish wood looking laminates too

I want to have built-in Oven and Microwave as well... Electrolux Brand!!

Other Details


Organisation


Everybody knows (well, not everybody) that I ultra love the Blum System for Kitchen Cabinets due to the soft-closure and the organised storage compartments. Due to budget constraints, I am OK to settle for normal cabinets with soft-closure. But how nice to have compartmentalised storage systems in my cabinets!! 

Cutlery Organiser
Compartmentalised Storage
Detachable Spice Racks
Pots Storage

Tiles or Glass?


I really do hate the bathroom looking tiles on my existing kitchen. Hence, I might replace them with better looking ones. 

Question is - should I replace with better looking tiles or a piece of glass?

Wall Tiles

Wall Tiles gives your kitchen its character as you can piece them together in different pastel colours to achieve a pretty effect. However, cleaning the dirt and grime off the gaps between tiles makes it a nightmare. Hence, I will just opt of glass like the below picture.

Light Blue Glass Walls on Kitchen Cabinet

Eubiq Power Tracks


I get peeved whenever I see a messy tangled mess of wires lying in a corner. Hence Eubiq Power Tracks is a must to tidy up the aesthetics of my dream house. 

I plan to install the power tracks on the wall of my kitchen cabinet - for the ease of using other kitchen appliances as well as at my TV Console area in the Living Room (and perhaps our Study Room where you tend to plug more electronic gadgets).


SHOO! Insects!


My house is infested with Cockroaches and Lizards. This is very typical for Asian Homes especially I currently live on the 5th Storey. My experience with lizards creeping around the corners of my kitchen and bathrooms have been really bad and hence installing the Magnetic Insect Screen is a MUST.

I intend to install the Insect Screen on my windows (kitchen, master bedroom and 1 common room). There is no need to install them on my living room / study room windows as mine is a corridor unit and we will not open those windows for privacy reasons. 

Magnetic Insect Screen
I got this idea from Xiaxue's blog and hence I will be contacting the supplier soon :)

DIY Magnetic Insect Screen Singapore
Contact Person: Matthew Teo
Whatsapp: 8367 2383

Pantry Cabinet


I would like to have a pantry cabinet to store my dry goods (and tidbits).

Pantry :)

Drinking Water At All Times


I would like to install a water filter to ensure that we get drinking water from our taps at all times.

Of course, it does not necessary need to be from Grohe.

Grohe Blue

Dining Room


As you know, I LOVE to fantasise and hence is in proposition of a Shabby Chic theme for my dining room.

Shabby Chic Dining Area with the light laminated flooring

As Shabby Chic theme is a little off our limited budget, perhaps I'll just settle for a simple Chicago Theme instead (refer to YouTube link below for Living Room Tour) ... *MEH*

Wall Painting


My Friend - Sherman's Not So Humble Abode...

 I would like to hand a beautiful wall painting / mirror against the wall of my dining area.

The initial inspiration should be
.
.
.
.
.
.
Wall Painting Idea
Da Vinci's - The Last Supper!!!!

C'mmon.. This won't get more ominous than Mona Lisa's creepy smirk right?

Chandeliers


Nothing beats having a classy looking chandelier hanging above the dining table. 

I am still obsessed with Xiaxue's Chandelier Idea though..

I am so gonna buy at least one from Taobao! Muahahahahaha!!!!!!

Transparent One...



White One

Living Room


I prefer something something simple and clean for my Living Area.

Actually I pretty love the concept of the living area from the video below:




I do not necessary need a feature wall - perhaps just a TV Console. 




Swivel Wall Bracket for TV

I want to watch the TV from all directions - from dining room / kitchen. So this is a need. LOL.


Swivel TV Wall Bracket

Ceiling Fan + Light


As you can see, most designs above have ceiling fan. 

This saves space for buying an additional standing fan to occupy your limited floor space and it is cooler too! I like the idea of having a remote control to on and off the fans you see..

Fanco Ceiling Fan + LED Light


Have seen fantastic blog reviews on Fanco's Ceiling Fan that the motor is quiet and the servicing is good. So wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Might just install it in the Living Room and Study?

Alternatively, we can import it from Taobao if it is reasonable enough.. No guarantee that it operates silently though :(

Ceiling Fan From Taobao

Entry-Way Shoe Cabinet


Shoe Cabinet @ The Entrance

That is all I can think of for now. 

Will share with you my renovation ideas for my Bathrooms and Other Rooms in due course.

Until Next Time :)



P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email MeIcon


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif


1 comment:

  1. Timex Mica is the best laminates company in India that aims at providing innovative and quality laminate sheets for the interior decoration of your house. We have been in this industry for quite a long time and promise to offer premium quality products to the clients. Hence, feel free to contact us to give an exotic and appealing look to your accommodation at budget-friendly rates. Get In Touch With India’s Best Laminate Company, email at timex@timexmica.com or call +91 022 – 2613 3377 / 88

    ReplyDelete