sticky menu

Search


Nailart for Pre-Wedding Photoshoot (Tutorial n Sharing)

Bunny n Vintage Floral Nailart Tutorial


Bunny and Vintage Floral Nails that is super cute and vibrant for any occasion :)

Preparing for a function but have no time and budget to visit nail parlours to do your nails? Afraid that the nailart provided by nail parlours are not creative and cute enough to satisfy your needs? Wanted to DIY but do not have much manicure tools and adequate skills to do so?

Don't worry, I will show you how to paint your nails using minimal tools and it is very simple and fun too!

Read on for more insights :)

Items Required:


#1: Base Coat + Top Coat

Poshé Nail Strengthening Basecoat + Bourjois 1Seconde Gloss Topcoat 
It is important to protect ur nails by applying a layer of quality base coat prior to application of nail colours. Also, a topcoat is vital to seal your nail colour as well as prevent your nail lacquer from chipping off. To read about my Nail Lacquer collection and my past nailart designs, please refer to my previous post @ http://musings-of-a-rabbit.blogspot.sg/2014/02/hit-nails-nail-lacquer-review.html

#2: Nail Dotting Tool and Toothpicks


Nail Dotting Tool and Toothpicks
The principle of this tutorial is very simple. You can use the tops of the round-headed needles from your sewing kit or bobby pins if you do not have the nail dotting tool. The nail dotting tool is easily available online on Qoo10. I use toothpicks to design the petals of my flowers...

 #3: Nail Lacquers!


Sorry, I do have an extensive collection of Nail Lacquers. The rule of thumb in purchasing nail lacquers is that it is advisable to invest in a good nail lacquer like O.P.I because you can store them for years and yet the application is still smooth and non-clumpy.

I invest on colours that I will use more frequently as a base colour for my nail as the brush is very important in order to have a smooth finishing on your nails. As for other colours that you use for nailart (not as base colours), you can just buy random cheapo brands like The Face Shop, Etude House etc.

Base Colours - from O.P.I and Lioele
As O.P.I do not have the pastel turquoise shade that I so love, I had to settle for Lioele instead :( 

The base colours used are O.P.I's Pink of Hearts 2009 SR AL2 and Liole's 120 LA

Misc. Nail Colours used to paint my Vintage Roses and Leaves
I used O.P.I's Elephantastic Pink NL142 together with China Glaze's 545 White Out for the petals. In order to create a more lively look for my leaves, I used a mixture of 3 shades of green - Bourjois 1Seconde in 6402 (it looks kind of blue), An unknown cheap Korean brand for the light green shade and Etude House's Dark Green

Colours to Create my Bunny's Eyes
 Do not fret having to buy a Black coloured Nail Polish if you seldom use it. You can always mix colours in your palette to get your desired colour. For the dark-brown (near black) bunny's eyes, I mixed O.P.I's Colour So Hot it Berns NL Z13 and Etude House's Dark Green.

Back in primary school, our art teacher did tell us that the primary colours we should have are Red, Blue and Yellow. You can Mix around with these 3 colours to create different colours!

For instance:
  1. Mixing Yellow + Blue ----- You'll get GREEN
  2. Mixing Red + Yellow ----- You'll get ORANGE
  3. Mixing Red + Blue ----You'll get PURPLE
  4. Mixing Red + Green ---- You'll get BROWN
Also, I think you should keep a bottle of White Nail Lacquer in your collection as they come in very handy - for french tips, for mixing with your other nail colours to create a more pastel / milky shade and for nailart!

Moreover, you can always mix Red and White to get PINK, Black and White to get GRAY and many more...

STEPS

  1. First Paint a layer of base coat on your nails and wait for them to dry
  2. Then paint your desired base colours on your nails. I painted my thumb, index and pinky fingers with pastel pink and my middle and ring finger with pastel turquoise. I think pastel colours look really sweet and romantic for my nailart design :)

Vintage Floral Nailart

First, place a big blob of pink and white nail colours on a piece of unwanted paper. Ensure that there is no ink on your paper as the ink might melt and contaminate your nail colour! I'll always place it on a piece of white paper / unwanted plastic wrappers. 

Using the finer end of the dotting tool, immerse it in the blob of pink nail varnish and start dotting on your fingernails. You might want to try drawing on your paper first before applying it on your nail to prevent applying excessive amounts of varnish on your nails. The rose petals do not need to be perfect anyways... Next, use your toothpick and dip into the white blob of nail polish and draw out the details of the rose petals using gentle dotting motion. DO NOT PRESS TO HARD as you might create holes in your nail varnish :( The key is keep your strokes as light as possible and only on the surface of your nails.

Then, place blobs of green on your paper and use your toothpick to draw out the leaves of the roses. There is no need to be too precise in this. Just enjoy the process!!!!

Here's some youtube videos to guide you if you are still lost:



Bunny Nailart


Place a big blob of white nail polish on the paper. Using the bigger tip of the nail dotting tool, immerse it into the white nail colour and draw out the bunny's head and ears by pushing the blob of white polish on the surface of your nails and using light dotting motions. 

For the Bunny's eyes, place a blob of red and dark green nail polish on the paper and mix these 2 colours to create a dark brown colour using the larger tip of the dotting tool. Then I dotted the eyes of the bunny using the dotting tool too. To bring your bunny to life, you might want to use the smaller end of the dotting tool to dot white polish in the middle of the 2 black circles which you have created for the eyes. Your bunny will now have sparkling eyes that speak :)

Then, using the finer end of the dotting tool, draw the ears and nose of your bunny using light strokes and dotting motion. Viola! Your bunny is born!!

Videos you can refer to:



Remember to seal your nailart with a layer of Top Coat for added protection and shine!!!

Le' Final Product



Bunny Nailart, Vintage Roses Nailart
Ultra Love my adorable Nails ~

Bunny Nailart, Vintage Roses Nailart
I'll be the cutest (most childish) bride on earth!! Whahahaha!!






P.S.
Find this post amusing?? Please stay tuned to my future musings by clicking the icons below:

Icon Icon Icon Icon Email Me


x♥x♥
Musings of a Rabbit photo screedbot.gif
 photo rabbit1.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment